Job Number: 23094495
NOW HIRING a Customer Design Technician Associate to work with a top Energy and Utility company in the Lima, OH area. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
- Hybrid Schedule; training will be onsite.
- Approximately 40% of work time will be office based with remainder of work time being performed remotely.
JOB SUMMARY: Customer Design Technicians are responsible for preparing required orders, obtaining right of way, etc. To implement recommended system improvements, such as capacity improvements, pole replacements, recloser reconditioning, etc. Technicians establish service for and interact with residential/commercial/industrial customers and collaborate to determine customer needs with respect to new services, service upgrades, and facility relocations, among others.
- Contacting the Project Design Group for advice on system improvements needed to serve new loads and other issues as needed.
- Obtaining simple easements for projects and consulting with the appropriate Right of Way Agent to obtain more complex easements.
- Participating in storm restoration work, specifically assessment of storm damage (once adequate field experience has been gained). This may require travel within the State of Ohio and out of the State of Ohio.
- Learning and understanding Company Distribution Standards, NESC Codes, OSHA Rules, Company Accounting Practices, CIAC Rules, Company Tariffs and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Learning and becoming proficient in the use of: Microsoft Outlook, Distribution Design Studio, Electric Office, Fieldview, PDS, EEMS, TLM, STORMS, OPS, JERI, CAD and other Microsoft applications.
- Associate’ s Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Civil/Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings.
- Good computer software skills; quick learner
- Strong customer service skills.
- Valid driver’ s license and good driving record.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.