Job Number: 23754178
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Substation Engineer to work in the Cleveland, OH area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking a Substation Engineer working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
Substation Engineer – Position and Responsibilities
As a Substation Engineer, you will work as a member of a multi-discipline team on high-voltage utility systems and renewable energy interconnection projects with a strong focus on electrical transmission and distribution substation projects. Projects will encompass electrical systems ranging from 5kV to 500kV utility grade systems. The Substation Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of design of the substation projects from conceptual design, generation of project deliverable sets, and construction support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with multiple discipline teams and offices including electrical, civil, structural, mechanical and project management.
- Direct junior engineers, designers and drafters in project workflow while coordinating workload to adhere to project schedules and communicating with the project lead.
- Coordinate multiple projects and clients simultaneously while maintaining a high level of project quality while adhering to applicable client design standards and industry best practices.
- Collect and prepare data and information, perform detailed engineering calculations, and write formal engineering and technical reports
- Assist in site visits and field verification.
- Responsible for transmission and distribution substation engineering including detailed design for high voltage substation projects through 500kv including:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Plan and Elevation Drawings
- Relay protection and controls design including schematics, wiring and three-line diagrams
- Prepare above and below grade deliverables
- Engineering calculations for Station Service Sizing, Voltage Drop, Short Circuit and Lightning
- Equipment and Construction specifications and Bills of Materials
- Industry codes and standards including the National Electrical Code (NEC) and National Electric Safety Code (NESC), NEMA, ANSI and IEEE standards.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of related experience required.
- Professional Engineer license or Engineer-in-Training certification required.
- Experience with utility substation design methods and application.
- Experience with CAD design software such as AutoCAD and MicroStation preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.