Midland, MI 48640-6994 US
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one' s drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in " responsible charge " as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer' s quality, and field construction.
- May serve in chosen discipline as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Helps develop scope of work and engineering hours for new proposed work.
- Designs foundation systems including conventional shallow spread footings, mat foundations, driven & drilled/bored piling, ground improvement, etc.
- Analyzes existing structures for existing and new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening as required.
- Sketches engineering designs utilizing 3D design tools and develop into completed working details and drawings based on solid engineering fundamentals.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required. Mostly local, but some out of state travel.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- PE or SE required with eight (8) or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- Experience with structural analysis software including RISA and Profis.
- Experience with Revit.
- Experience with other software such as BIM360, BlueBeam and Navisworks.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of structural fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Building Codes and Material Standards.
- Knowledge of seismic design/detailing requirements of concrete structures, steel structures, and foundations.
- Valid driver' s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.