Job Number: 23311048
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Structural Engineer to work in the Greater Chicago area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking a Structural Engineer working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
Structural Engineer - Position and Responsibilities
As a Structural Engineer, you will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations. The Structural Engineer performs basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Structural Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses. The Structural Engineer will be able to be creative in thought processes to deliver ultimate Project Solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Serve as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Interact with other company departments and external suppliers to obtain required information.
- Manage the scope of the project work, address scope and work changes, adjust the project deliverables as necessary, and complete the project work based on the budget and scheduled time frame.
- Present project information to both internal and external client audiences.
- Use creative thought processes to deliver ultimate Project Solutions.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 3-15 years of experience in structural design for refinery, chemical or heavy industrial facilities.
- Structural/Professional Engineer license preferred.
- EIT Certification in process or obtained.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, able to model and learn REVIT & BIM integration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.