Midland, MI 48640-6994 US
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Sr. Structural Designer to work in the Midland, MI area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking an experienced designer to join the Automotive, Manufacturing and Facilities structural team.
- Model and draft complex steel, concrete and masonry structures including 2D elements and 3D models according to customer requirements (including BIM LOD requirements) and standard practices for construction documents.
- Collect information from all available sources to prepare accurate, clear and complete 3D models and drawings.
- Verify correctness of dimensions and elevations, as well as the location of structural members in relation to other project components.
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other input materials to determine and plan the best approach to prepare models and drawings.
- Identify and coordinate with other team members to resolve interferences between various elements.
- Provide technical support including teaching methods and procedures to less experienced designers.
- May be required to visit the project site to verify existing field conditions and provide on-site support.
- May travel to other facilities for coordination purposes and/or provide training.
- Associate degree or certification of completion of other post secondary training in engineering fields preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience with former employer(s).
- Ability to fully utilize and leverage all aspects of Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks software is essential. MicroStation skills are also beneficial.
- Certification course in Civil/Structural discipline, Associate or Bachelor degree tracked in CAD/BIM Design Technology or related field is preferred.
- Ability to organize and set up drawing packages to clearly show the requirements of the project.
- Good working knowledge of the IBC, AISC and ACI standards and specifications, as well as other related industry standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Ability to work well with other team members in the same office or remote locations.
- Have the ability to complete the modeling and drawing portion of a project from start to finish.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.