Job Number: 21658329
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Structural Engineer to work in the Nashville, TN area. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one' s drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in " responsible charge " as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer' s quality, and field construction.
- May serve in chosen discipline as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Defines project scope of work and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Designs foundation systems including conventional shallow spread footings, mat foundations, driven & drilled/bored piling, ground improvement, etc.
- Analyzes existing structures for existing and new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening as required.
- Sketches engineering designs utilizing 3D design tools and develop into completed working details and drawings based on solid engineering fundamentals.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver' s license required.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- SE, or SE-tracked preferred, eight (8) or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- If not registered, eleven (11) years of related practical experience with former employer is required.
- Experience with structural analysis software including RISA, STAAD, and Profis.
- Experience with Revit and RISA-Revit Link.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of structural fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Building Codes and Material Standards.
- Knowledge of seismic design/detailing requirements of concrete structures, steel structures, and foundations.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.