Sr. Electrical Engineer
Toledo, OH 43624 US
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Plan and direct the scope development, design, PLC/HMI programming, checkout, startup and optimization of control systems for process and packaging systems in food industry.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one' s drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in " responsible charge" as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer' s quality, and field construction.
- May serve in chosen discipline as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver' s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- PE, or PE-tracked preferred with eight (8) or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- If not registered eleven (11) years of related practical experience is required.
- Programming experience utilizing Allen-Bradley software required. Ideally in the food and consumer product industry.
- Wonderware experience preferred.
- Experience working on-site, and within industrial facilities required.
- Previous experience in the food and consumer products industry preferred.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.