Sr. Electrical Engineer
Birmingham, AL 35209 US
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Electrical Engineer to work in the Birmingham, AL area. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for a variety of buildings-related projects. The ideal candidate will have consulting design experience in power distribution, lighting, and grounding for healthcare, educational and/or commercial facilities.
- Lead the electrical engineering of multiple projects simultaneously from concept through construction phases.
- Investigate existing electrical systems to determine scope of work required to complete a project.
- Assign specific design tasks or calculations to lower-level engineering and design support staff.
- Typical design tasks include: power distribution at low and medium voltage, lighting and lighting controls and calculations, grounding system design and power study analysis.
- Complete designs proficiently using Revit.
- Provide working knowledge of project design, construction, design software, cost, and scheduling on assigned projects.
- Review shop drawings, respond to RFI' s, and attend on-site meetings during the construction phase.
- Assist in the development of business unit design standards and specification.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required from an ABET accredited institution which qualifies them for licensure.
- PE license preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of seven full-time years of related experience at a professional services firm required.
- Working knowledge of Revit. Good understanding of electrical design and other tools.
- Good knowledge of NEC.
- Demonstrated ability to work on mid to large size projects, from start to finish.
- Must possess excellent collaboration and communication skills with different disciplines and teams across various locations.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.