Job Number: 21658834
Looking for a Senior Civil Project Manager to join our growing team. The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of Civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one's drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in " responsible charge " as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer's quality, and field construction.
- May serve as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Defines project scope of work and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- PE with eight (8) or more years of related practical experience.
- Strong Business Development acumen and understanding of the local market.
- Advanced familiarity with Autodesk Civil 3D and experience with Autodesk Sanitary Sewer Analysis preferred.
- Experience in site-civil land development aspects including Layout, Grading/Drainage, Utility Design, and Erosion Sediment Control in Commercial, Manufacturing and/or institutional markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas and defend design decisions both internally and externally.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.