Job Number: 23117878
ITS has a client in the Brownstown, MI area seeking a Sequencing Process Engineer. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
Specific Job Duties:
- Work with our sequencing partners designing, error proofing, and implementing new off-site assembly processes. This includes developing process flows, cell layouts, component flows, estimating takt times, labor requirements, and tracking builds prior to SOP.
- Must take a " hands on” approach to all areas of assembly and sequencing.
- Must be able to understand how fascia assemblies go together using customer provided Data (Spinfire, 3D PDF or CAD).
- Follow time lines and keep Program launch check lists up to date.
- Develop and maintain open issues list to be shared in launch team meetings.
- Work with APQP on error proofing requirements and any open issues identified utilizing DFMA practices.
- Work with APQP on fascia designs to improve assembly processes and ergonomic requirements
- Work with Facilities & Automation Engineering teams on specific equipment requirements and deliverables.
- Assist with training off site personnel on new equipment and assembly processes.
- Ensure all documentation required for PPAP is ready and available prior to run at rate with customer. This includes work guidance' s, FMEAs and control plans, Torque/Pull test schedules.
- Train sequencing partners on escalation procedures.
- Must be self motivated have a flexible schedule and plan to travel, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Anything related to launching off site assembly process.
- Continuously improve offsite processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Help develop and drive KOI' s at our off site assembly sequencers.
- Assist in investigating customer and sequencing quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
- Assist in communicating and training all CPA' s, Team Leaders, and team members on initiated processes and changes.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other divisions, as well as, other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Review ergonomics for building and inspecting procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A bachelor degree in an Engineering Science or Technology area.
- Exposure to DFMA, synchronous manufacturing, and ergonomics.
Related Work Experience:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD)
- MES (Nysus, InSequence) back ground preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimal supervision and participate as a team player.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.