Senior Structural Engineer
Austin, TX 78744 US
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Lead the design and analysis of various industrial and high technology manufacturing structures, including steel frames, reinforced concrete structures, strut, foundations, and platforms.
- Develop and review engineering drawings, calculations, specifications, and reports.
- Analyze existing structures for new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening where required. Apply creative problem-solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, codes, and standards.
- Collaborate with other departments, disciplines, and stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Mentor and manage a team of junior engineers, providing guidance and feedback.
- Conduct site visits, inspections, and evaluations (when necessary) to ensure quality control and compliance.
- Participate in project meetings, presenting progress reports, and discussing technical issues.
- Provide technical support and expertise to colleagues and clients as required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of engineering practices and standards.
- A Bachelor' s or Master' s Degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) licensure is required. Structural Engineer (SE) licensure is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of structural design codes and standards, including ASCE, AISC, and ACI.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes, including seismic provisions, is required.
- Experience with engineering software, such as RISA and STAAD.
- Experience with Revit is preferred.
- Excellent project management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.