Job Number: 23754135
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Senior Mechanical/Vessel Engineer to work in the Cleveland, OH area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking a Senior Mechanical/Vessel Engineer working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be in a client facing role and taking technical ownership of mechanical design to help drive " big picture” project objectives within a consulting design environment. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will also have responsibilities for technical design engineering and be a mechanical lead to directly execute design and engineering tasks as well as lead the execution of mechanical tasks within multi-discipline design projects. The Senior Engineer works closely with the Mechanical Engineering Manager to plan and execute mechanical work on projects and to utilize shared resources effectively.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the technical work as the mechanical lead on assigned projects.
- Work with both client and internal team members to scope and execute design work according to schedule, budget, and execution plan.
- Review engineering deliverables for compliance with engineering principles, standards, and design specifications.
- Develop mechanical design and code calculations for ASME Pressure Vessels, Exchangers, and API Tanks, specific to the design of new units, re-rating, modification, and Fitness for Service of existing units.
- Develop system designs and sizes equipment, develop technical specifications and data sheets, perform technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Work effectively within 3D design environment to develop mechanical design solutions and lead 3D design model reviews with client team.
- Plan and lead in collecting field observations, perform detailed engineering calculations, check installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Regularly interact with other engineering disciplines, project managers, client team members, and vendors to obtain and exchange project pertinent information.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to identify scope changes through formal change management procedures.
- Keep upstream and downstream team members up to date on project execution and planning.
- Actively assist in training and developing of less experienced engineering and design team members.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- PE License or EIT/ET and ability to obtain PE preferred, or master' s degree in Engineering.
- Experience working with team members at all levels of expertise (such as entry level Designer/Engineer to Staff Engineers).
- 8 or more years of mechanical engineering experience within chemical, refining, or industrial industries.
- 4 years of mechanical engineering work experience specific to in the following areas:
- Equipment Design & Specification of pressure equipment
- ASME S8D1 Pressure Vessel and API Tank Design, Evaluation, and Fitness for Service assessments
- 2 or more years of experience executing project work as a Project Engineer or Design Team Lead.
- 2 or more years of experience using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) – SolidWorks Simulation Professional and Flow Simulation experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized with excellent attention to detail skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.