Senior Mechanical Engineer
Philadelphia, PA 19107 US
The Mechanical Engineer will work along side the design teams within our Facilities Business Unit for various clients and projects in the Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Government, and Power markets.
- Perform site visits to document existing conditions and understand client needs
- Identify areas of the facility or project site that require 3D scanning for the design process
- Research and analyze customer design parameters, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility and maintenance requirements of designs and/or applications
- Perform and document mechanical design tasks for large HVAC, plumbing, and process mechanical projects
- Lead the development of plans, specifications, studies, estimates, material lists, and other deliverables. Ensure adherence to QA/QC program
- Provide direction to mechanical designers and drafters
- Develop engineering drawings, sketches, Process Flow Diagrams, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, and Control Diagrams in an electronic or hand format
- Provide construction administration services, which may include a review of shop drawings, attending meetings, field inspection, system startup, and de-bugging
- Drive safety initiatives
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, isometrics, process & instrumentation diagrams, specifications, and system operating procedures
- Develop construction documents, including drawings, specifications, and scopes of work
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet project requirements, and generate technical reports
- 5 + years of industry experience
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proficient with Revit. Pipeflow and Trace 3D preferred.
- Experience within the heavy industrial industry preferred
- Strong writing, documentation, communication, and leadership skills
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.