Senior Mechanical Designer
Columbia, SC 29201 US
Seeking an experinced Mechanical Designer with HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection design.
- Makes decisions independently on design problems, practices, and methods, but may receive input on unusual or complex problems from the department manager or project engineer for proposed design solutions.
- Produces finished plans and specifications.
- Responsible for reviewing contractor submittals for conformance with design documents of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer' s quality, and field construction.
- Completes work on major engineering projects or total design work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.
- Serves as a job captain on single discipline projects and may serve as a job captain on multi-discipline projects.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Defines project scope of work for design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Requested to perform project management functions.
- Assign and review work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts project manager to changes of scope or additional services.
- Devise new approaches and solutions to problems encountered and communicate them to the team.
- Represent the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Prepare total design and construction cost estimates.
- Performs design work on REVIT.
- Associate degree or certification of completion of other post-secondary training in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience as a Designer
- Proficiency with REVIT
- Working knowledge of International Building Codes, NFPA Standards, ASHRAE Standards.
- Experience using Carrier HAPS for building load analysis.
Experience working with the South Carolina Office of State Engineer (OSE) and South Carolina Office of School Facilities (OSF).
- Experience working with the South Carolina Office of State Fire Marshall (OSFM) and DHEC-Division of Health Facility Construction.
- Experience working in Healthcare, K-12 Schools, Higher Education, Government.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com .