Senior Electrical Engineer
Toledo, OH 43604 US
Seeking an Electrical Engineer who has experince within the heavy industrial or manufacturing environments.
- Take an active part in client contact and business development activities. Prepares or supervises preparation of contract proposals by defining scope and providing estimates for electrical engineering work.
- Delegate project work within the department and may oversee multiple project teams while acting as a subject matter expert to bridge gaps between discipline leads and project managers.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating engineering assignments with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Act as the owner's representative on selected projects and meet regularly with client to present project progress and assure satisfaction.
- Assist clients with power studies, utility company coordination, medium voltage substation design, and specifications for electrical equipment and systems.
- Develop contractor installation/construction packages including conduit / cable tray installation drawings, equipment location plans/elevations and specifications.
- Develop electrical schematics including low-voltage power distribution, PLC I/O drawings and 480V motor 1-line & 3-line schematics.
- Coordinate and interface with electrical contractors onsite to oversee construction and answer technical questions.
- Engineering experience in heavy industrial or manufacturing environments required glass, steel, or graphite industry preferred.
- Experience with industrial power systems such as glass furnace electric boosting systems, electric furnaces & ovens, load tap changers, and SCR controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering and six (6) or more years of related practical experience is preferred.
- Preference for candidates with experience in power studies, medium voltage substation design, and specifications for electrical equipment and systems.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of project design, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Good computer and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate remotely in an independent and team-oriented environment.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.