Norwalk, OH 44857 US
ITS has a client in the Norwalk, OH area seeking a Senior Buyer. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
- Work directly with the Purchasing Manager to strategically manage the purchasing needs for the division.
- Work directly with the Purchasing Manager and Purchasing team to help develop strategic relationships with national and international vendors/suppliers to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded, where possible.
- Ensure all purchasing objectives are met and escalate all purchasing issues vital to production in a timely manner to the Purchasing Manager and Senior Leadership team.
- Identify and continuously implement cost savings initiatives.
- Assure that customer goals, specifications and requirements for new projects are met.
- Document, control, and support all IATF 16949 and MAFACT audit activities relative to the Purchasing function.
- Continuously strengthen all systems to strive for excellence regarding all aspects of the business.
- Assure compliance with rules and regulations in the Purchasing Department and division.
- Provide information as needed for operations decisions.
- Work with appropriate departments to compile the Bid Package for all required items including scope description, specification, performance indicators, targets, drawings, designs, Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Prepare/Release Approved supplier List (Identify and manage potential and existing industry sources, facilitate relevant validations such as audits, background checks, site visits and supplier presentations).
- Solicit bids, compile recommendations, and conduct/participate the negotiation phase.
- Lead negotiations and conclude contract establishment (Master Purchase Orders) in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance delivery forecasts and acts where required.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic supplier partnerships in critical areas to support the long-term growth path for the division.
- Reconcile variances between Purchase Order and invoice.
- Facilitate dispute resolutions between the Supplier and the organization.
- Monitor markets and forecast appropriate changes that affect pricing, delivery, and quality. Compile relevant actions and recommendations to minimize negative market conditions and capitalize on positive market trends.
- Identify, validate, and introduce process and product innovation from the supply industry into the organization.
- Monitor Supplier Performance and take actions where required and monitor changing market conditions and perceptions and introduce relevant actions in the organization (diversity, environmental policy, corporate citizenship, etc.).
- Ensure and oversee the accurate and timely management of the divisional ERP system.
- Facilitate benchmarking practices across divisional boundaries to ensure best practices and lessons learned are being incorporated into divisional Purchasing and Supplier Management processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor' s Degree (4-year degree), Purchasing Certification Certificate of C.P.M. And/or CPSM as issued by the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) is a plus.
- 5-8 years of purchasing experience and/or displayed knowledge & positive performance in Automotive Industry based commodities, products and or services.
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Microsoft programs
- Previous injection mold, service pack and MRO experience.
- Strong communication skills.