Project Engineer/Project Manager
Oak Brook, IL 60523 US
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Project Manager to work in the Oak Brook, IL area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking a Project Manager working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
Project Manager - Position and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager (PM) you will serve as a client account manager and will be the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants concerning the project(s). The PM is fully responsible for the overall development and execution of a portfolio of Chemical and Refining industry projects (typically $1MM+ project fee) including project profitability, quality, safety, client satisfaction, controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget and contractual requirements. The PM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the standard engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM, or Design Build. The PM provides leadership and organization to the project and instill confidence in the client regarding the project team’ s abilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate completion of defined work scope for a project between various departments and business locations involved in the project.
- Develop, review, and approve all project management documents including scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Assist in preparation of project execution strategy and review progress of drawings and specifications prior to permit issuance and construction.
- Monitor changes in scope and schedule to secure change authorizations, as needed.
- Supervise the preparation of project proposal, specification, scope, and negotiate final contract.
- Monitor project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercise innovative cost efficiency approaches in the project design to reduce construction costs and increase productivity.
- Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project challenges and problems to establish and direct problem-solving objectives and priorities for resolution.
- Maintain specific knowledge of project planning and scheduling functions.
- Support project, business, and relationship development activities of the Senior Project Manager.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.