ITS has a client in the Toledo, OH seeking a 2nd shift Production Supervisor. This is a direct hire position with full benefits including 401k.
• To persuade and support the following of Company policies and business objectives in the daily management of the operations of the Company.
• To identify growth and developmental opportunities and on-going training needs of supervisory personnel, which provide for an overall positive working environment.
• Performs inspections that include safety elements
• Engages in communication regarding safety (i.E., team meetings, staff meetings, individually, etc.)
• Involved in accident and injury investigations
• Reinforces safety policies and procedures with all employees
• Corrects unsafe behaviors
• Recognizes and commends safe behavior
• Conducts performance appraisals including worker safety with their team members
• To lead and direct departmental health and safety objectives and to support Company directed health and safety directives which provide for a safe and healthful workplace for all employees that includes:
1. Establishing departmental measurables and goals that are monitored, tracked and audited on a regular basis and communicated to employees through daily Team Meetings.
2. Maintain and post Open Issues Lists within the department that identify opportunities to improve safety related issues and develop action plans to actively address identified issues in a timely manner.
3. Recognize specific achievements within the department regarding improvements in safety, environmental, ergonomics and employee wellness.
4. Enforce all safety rules and regulations consistently and hold Team Leaders accountable for enforcing said rules.
5. Actively participate in Accident Investigations and correct unsafe conditions in a prudent and timely manner.
• Lead and participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve on paint performance goals.
• Manage outside paint activities through strong leadership, communication, motivation and direction of staff to ensure product quality and delivery through TS-16949 methodology.
• Direct all outside paint changes and modifications to the paint control plan resulting from continuous improvement activities as well as internal or external customer requirements.
• Communicate and liaison with Paint Management all data as necessary to ensure timely resolution of quality and downtime issues, and to expedite the brainstorming and decision making process.
• Cooperate with Injection Molding and Assembly Departments to prevent the further processing of non-conforming product. Initiate and verify effectiveness of action plans to prevent their reoccurrence.
• Establish hiring and training requirements for outside paint team leaders and team members to perform responsibilities effectively. Develop a monitoring system to gauge training effectiveness and to provide feedback to paint personnel.
• Develop and implement ergonomic production layouts to optimize process flows and eliminate non-value added activities through the principles of synchronous manufacturing.
• Identify accurate monitoring and data collection systems for critical processes, equipment and/or product parameters. Track capability for continuous improvement activities.
• Assess the abilities of personnel and resources, and allocate them to the areas of their greatest expertise and utilization.
• Liaison with the Scheduling and Clerks to ensure;
• customer requirements are satisfied,
• accurate tracking and inventory of paint consumable materials,
• resolution of out of balance inventory conditions,
• prompt disposition of quarantined material, and
• accurate inventory cycle counts .
• Assist in the development of the paint department consumable budget. Ensure all department expenditures are executed as per the established company procedures to ensure accurate general ledger allocations.
• Establish accurate data collection systems for management non-conformance product tracking, labor tracking and resource utilization reports.
• Participate in the advanced product quality planning activities for the development of the control plan for all parts manufactured.
• Guide departmental continuous improvement activities and participate as requested.
• Ensure that all accidents are properly reported and accident investigations are completed within 24 hours.
• Bachelor' s Degree in a technical or business field of study. Twelve years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
• Implementation knowledge of OSHA industry health and safety regulations.
• Operational knowledge of management information systems, use of personal computers and application software.