Job Number: 23995634
ITS has a client in the Toledo, Oh area seeking a Product Development Manager. This is a direct hire with full benefits including 401k.
Under the direction of the New Business Development Manager, the Product Development Manager is responsible for management of the design & development phase of awarded programs.
- " Design for Manufacturing” elements (DFM).Oversee development of the product through effective product quality plans and Maintain customer contact during advanced design engineering and developmental stage.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction by providing design and technical assistance.
- Act as Point contact
- Attend all customer design review PDT meetings.
- Lead internal design review meetings & follow NBD procedures by utilizing standardized documents and processes while supporting meeting cadence.
- Develop " Advance Phase” BOM and BOP (Build of Process).
- Provide support for error proofing and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop/maintain/execute component and assembly datum schemes / GD&T systems for assigned programs.
- Support customer quoting process from SOR to " OK to tool" release.
- Maintain program historical cost information – cost walks.
- Participate in cross functional teams as required.
- Support APQP and other groups for any design relevant issues and engineering change requirements.
- Manage assigned PDP/ traX work packages.
- Support all continuous improvement and VE/VA activities as required.
- Support NBD KPIs and mini goals.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Proficient in CAD software (Spinfire, NX, or CATIA).
- Computer skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Work.
- Ability to interpret drawings.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum 5 years of program management experience or fascia and/or liftgate design knowledge.
- Understanding/experience of plastics injection molding, painting, & secondary assembly processes preferred.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and presentation experience.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and strong math background.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Operations
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.