Norwalk, OH 44857 US
Team members will compute, classify, record, and verify numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. Accounting duties and responsibilities are distributed among the team members to ensure timely and accurate processing to support the company' s goals and objectives. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain daily cash report.
· Post miscellaneous incoming funds.
· Bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
· Posting of general journal entries (including bank/payroll entries).
· General ledger reconciliations.
· AR/AP account reconciliations.
· Maintenance of customer prices.
· Accounts payable payments proposals.
· Posting of payments not made through the ERP system.
· Maintain asset register in SAP/Excel.
· Perform all plant costing functions, including but not limited to new product costing, current cost analysis and reporting.
· Perform BOM audits, ensuring the integrity of all products costing.
· Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information (daily, weekly, monthly). · Monitor and report inventory monthly.
· Calculate machine and equipment rates, overhead rates, and direct labor rates.
· Analyze and produce GR/IR reports for plant review on a monthly basis.
· Taxes – submit monthly, quarterly, semi – annual taxes.
· Supports the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
· Provide support to ensure the accuracy of cost center allocations.
· Support operating units by developing solutions and recommending potential actions.
· Protect assets by supporting, communicating, monitoring and enforcing internal controls and procedures.
· Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements.
· Model effective work habits while maintaining a positive and optimistic outlook.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office applications.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple projects, suppliers and customers.
· Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a work group or team.
· Encourages collaboration and takes direction well.
· Ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
· Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Exemplary attendance.
· SAP experience preferred.
Credentials and Experience:
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
· 3-5 years accounting experience in increasingly complex roles.
· Experience in manufacturing settings (OEM preferred).