Job Category: Engineering-Architecture-Consulting
Job Number: 25905314
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Piping Designer to work in the Midland, MI area. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
MUST BE WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE FROM MIDLAND
- Work as a design lead either as part of a single discipline project or multi-discipline engineering project team
- Coordinate and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking portions of the completed drawings
- Ability to read P&IDs, pull the necessary data and transfer to equipment & piping design utilizing standard design techniques and use industry best practices
- Attend and present design details/progress in both internal and external design team meetings
- Review equipment shop drawings. Check to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare construction packages, addendums and bulletins.
- Recognize and initiate project change orders to the project manager.
- Attend construction meetings and provide construction support if requested.
- Has some external customer contact.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing design and construction cost estimates.
- May require travel to job site.
- Efficiently multi-task between multiple projects
- Good written and oral communication skills due to project teams potentially being spread around different offices
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
- AutoCad Plant3D & AutoCad 2D proficiency. Revit knowledge is not necessary but desired
- At least 10 years of piping design experience.
- Knowledge of process chemical, steam/condensate and utility piping system best practices
- Able to work independently and coordinate within small teams
- Desire to lead, take on responsibility and communicate with others
- Knowledge of Navisworks and using laser scan data
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance;401(k) with a company match;paid holidays and vacations;tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.
Meet Your Recruiter