Job Number: 22949953
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) has a client in the Lansing, MI area seeking a Paint Process Engineer for Direct Hire. This position copmes with a vairett of great benefits including health insurance, 401K, and PTO,
Specific Job Duties:
- Support process and maintenance activities consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
- Operate paint process and application equipment in accordance with established control plans in order to satisfy the customer quality standards and delivery schedule.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions utilizing error proofing techniques to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and/or quality system through designated channels.
- Verify implementation and effectiveness of recommended solutions. Update control plan as per IATF-16949 protocol.
- Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all paint process and application equipment to maintain the specified quality standards detailed in the control plans for all products.
- Track, record and prepare management reports detailing process capability and trend analyses of key parameters as directed by the Sr. Paint Process Engineer.
- Develop robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products and the continuous improvement of existing programs to optimize transfer efficiency within the guidelines of the control plans and customer quality standards. Development consists of initial setup of pathwork, application parameters, carrier density part orientation, and any other parameters which affect the processing of the product. Communicate with robot technician group on process / mechanical related issues.
- Coordinate with the appropriate paint line personnel in the completion of process related projects and improvements as directed by the Sr. Paint Process Engineer.
- Communicate and cooperate with paint suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance and quality issues. Work with equipment suppliers to accurately collect application and performance data on new technology tested in the painting process.
- Communicate and cooperate with cleaning suppliers to test new processes and products to ensure optimization of system performance.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement teams as assigned by the Paint Process Manager.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of FMEA' s, control plans and IATF-16949 documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required. Twelve years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
Related Work Experience
- Must be computer literate on the Windows platform.
- Must pass Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Point Hue Test Annually
- Previous automotive finishing and robotic experience required.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
- Experience with industrial control, computer technology and programming is an asset.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.