ITS has a client in the Highland Park, Mi area seeking a Materials Manager. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
• Direct responsibility for overseeing the daily operations of the plant floor Materials department
• Leads the plant floor materials team by creating and implementing Materials management objectives and implementing policies and procedures to ensure key objectives are met
• Recommend and ensure execution of plan to meet customer delivery schedules
• Review customer delivery performance ratings, initiate problem-solving activities for negative ratings, review permanent corrective actions and verify effectiveness
• Ensures that organizational plant floor materials objectives are successfully achieved, primarily related to cost and delivery
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to customers, suppliers, vendors, management, employees, and corporate personnel
• Provides leadership / direction to Materials Supervisors and Logistics Analysts
• Monitors the inbound supply of materials to always ensure an adequate supply
• Optimize inventory levels and reduce cost.
• Execution of engineering changes through sound warehouse practices including FIFO
• Manages the delivery and warehousing of component parts and raw materials
• Ensures all employees within the department have received all required training in a timely manner
• Ensures Material Supervisors are adhering to standardized work instructions, rotation schedules and cross training is done as necessary
• Ensures cleanliness and organization is maintained in the warehouse storage areas
• Ensures the thoroughness and timely completion of scheduled performance reviews for all employees within the department
• Ensures all policies / procedures / plant standards / safety rules are consistently adhered to
• Collaborates with the HR Manager in the administration of disciplinary action, when necessary
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
• Seven (7) years Minimum of progressive materials experience in a JIT automotive manufacturing environment