ITS has a client in the Toledo, Oh area seeking a Manufacturing Facilities Engineer. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
• Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
• Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
• Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected.
• Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
• Must wear all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), when required.
• Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
• Participate and support all lean, ergonomics, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
Cradle to Grave'project management responsibilities.
• Write specifications for new equipment and/or upgrades to existing equipment. Detailing all required mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc. Necessary to complete the project.
• Obtain a minimum of three competitive quotations
• Write and submit capital requisitions.
• Properly oversee the construction/installation phase while maintaining budget and timeline.
• Assist in communicating and training to all team members on new equipment or process changes.
• Maintain project open issues list, copy/ review with appropriate managers and team members.
• Ensure all contractors/suppliers follow all appropriate OSHA, NFPA, Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations.
• Participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve departmental Key Operational Indicators (KOI), Winning Teams, and other Cost saving activities.
• Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
• Assist in launching new programs by supporting all departments as needed.
• Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for operator errors.
• Review ergonomics on all projects.
• Supply Engineering support to all departments
• Perform other duties as required.
• Associates Degree in a technical field of study required as a minimum. Engineering or technical bachelor degree preferred. Work related experience with a strong Process/Product knowledge in conjunction with strong communication and team leadership skills may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Autocad or other 3D modeling software experience
• In depth knowledge of the mold-paint-assembly manufacturing process.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Strong computer skills.
• Good understanding or background in the construction industry or building infrastructure maintenance. To include, but not limited to: concrete/foundations, site/civil work, electrical (including high voltage >480VAC), plumbing, structural steel, fire protection systems, HVACs, and roofing
• Good understanding or background in production equipment maintenance. To include, but not limited to: boilers, chilling systems, air compressors, electrical substations, sonic welding, and injection mold machines, robots, and paint systems.