Norwalk, OH 44857 US
The Maintenance Supervisor directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in troubleshooting and repairing electronics and manufacturing equipment, including PLC controllers, HVAC, conveyors, among others. The Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance on-call after normal business hours
• Attend 11am morning meeting if manager is not available
• Leader for 5S within the Maintenance Department
• Run Daily morning DT report for last 24 hours for 11am meeting with focus on Top 3 DT issues from last 24 hours. Reporting to maintenance manager.
• Training leader within Maintenance Department. Identify training needs of shop and report to maintenance manager.
• Daily repairs to machine and identifies repeat issues so permanent repairs can be made to reduce DT. Reports to maintenance manager of his findings.
• Safety leader within maintenance department. Heads new lockout procedures within maintenance shop. Performs audits weekly to ensure lockout is being done correctly.
• Covers for maintenance manager during his absence
• Maintenance supervisor to lead and assist maintenance personal
• Assisting maintenance manager with development and management of capital projects.
• Monitor predictive & preventative maintenance activities (maximize machine repair while machines are down) and provide feedback to Maintenance Manager for scheduling
• Responsible for maintenance weekly schedule of hourly maintenance group
• This will be a working maintenance supervisor position
• Create and maintain a yearly to do list for the December maintenance outage for needed maintenance repairs
• Objectively interpret, apply and/or enforce all company policies, programs, rules, regulations and safety rules in support of achieving departmental goals for safety, quality and productivity.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and/or quality system.
• Any and all other duties assigned by maintenance manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and implementation of general safe work practices.
• Solid computer/ System skill set CMMS
• Prior PLC Siemens preferred
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple projects and customers.
• Ability to work independently and as a leader or a work group or team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Issue Disciplinary Actions
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Shift Reports
• Critical Problem Solving