Job Number: 23753936
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer to work in the Toledo, OH area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
As an Electrical Engineer – Discipline Lead (DL), you will be responsible for directing a discipline design team throughout the entire project cycle from initial concept through successful completion. The DL will also manage the organization, control, integration and completion of their discipline' s part of a project or the design portion of a design/construction project to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with the scope, budget, schedule and quality conditions as established by the terms of the contract and the client' s requirements. As a DL, you will need to possess sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of design details to recognize technical problems in assigned disciplines and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage necessary resources for execution.
- Collect and prepare data/information, performs detailed calculations, and write formal technical reports.
- Develop technical specifications & data sheets, perform technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Serve as a discipline interface to client on discipline issues and attend significant client meetings involving discipline issues.
- Review calculations and vendor drawings.
- Develop, update, and monitor project discipline schedules, budgets, and staffing forecasts
- Review project/discipline deliverables for compliance with industry accepted design principles, company standards and customer contract specifications.
- Identify changes in scope that will affect project schedule or client budgets.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years of electrical systems design experience in a consulting organization.
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology.
- Ohio PE license is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of single line diagrams, schematics, PID' s, and application of NEC.
- Experience managing project teams of 3-4 members.
- Experience with Front End Engineering and Design or Front-End Loading studies.
- Experience with power distribution, secondary unit substations, equipment and installation specifications, power system modeling and simulations, and integration of electrical equipment into new and existing processing plants.
- Experience with electrical designs in CI, D1/2 areas is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.