IT Infrastructure Administrator IV
Boulder, CO 80301 US
Responsible for the design, implementation, support, and upgrades for NEON Program Linux systems, storage, and databases. With limited supervision, provides technical leadership for projects and operations of IT Infrastructure. The candidate will lead installations and upgrades and will have experience with various Linux Operating Systems. Will have some experience with containerization, desired state configuration, and automation.
• Design, configure, deploy, and support Linux servers and containers on premise and in Google Cloud.
• Install, upgrade, and support server applications on Linux systems.
• Assist with database development functions such as query optimization and schema design.
• Perform database administration functions including backups, restores, maintenance, and security configuration.
• Deploy and maintain systems using desired state configuration tools such as Terraform.
• Utilization of Linux scripting in a production environment.
• Leads projects by actively engaging in initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing projects. Ensures projects are within scope, schedule, and cost.
• Perform infrastructure needs assessment and evaluate new technology to improve and maintain core and enterprise infrastructure.
• Provide expert day-to-day analysis and support for troubleshooting applications and operating systems, general recurring maintenance, and systems installations.
• Engage external vendors when needed to solve complex problems or bugs.
• Act as a key member of the Infrastructure Team by providing monitoring, investigation, and ongoing support to help maintain the Google cloud environment, Linux systems, databases, and storage.
• Provide occasional after-hours support.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field with 10 years of experience as a Linux Systems/Database Administrator or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Experience with Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
• Experience with database environments (PostgreSQL)
• Experience with containerization.
• Experience with automation.
• Experience with Git and CI/CD practices
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with server hardware, operating systems, databases, software.
• Ability to effectively document all technical designs and solutions.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
• Experience working in Google Cloud environment including CloudSQL and GKE
• Experience working with desired state configuration tools including Terraform.
• Experience working with MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases.
• Experience working in a scientific environment.
• Experience working with Kubernetes and related deployment tools such as Flux and Kustomize.
• Experience with Bash and Python.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.