Avon, OH 44011 US
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- This position supervises and provides direction to staff engaged in employee relations programs.
- Partners with the management team to understand and execute the organization’ s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, for all roles (union, managerial, exempt, and professional); collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Oversees the daily activities of training associates.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the company’ s workers’ compensation program.
- Responsible for unemployment claims and hearings if necessary.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as time-and-attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures, etc.
- Assists VP of Manufacturing in various projects related to Human Resource Department
- Provides support and guidance to HR department, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the benefits process, which may include analyzing trends in compensation and benefits; researching and proposing competitive base pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the HRIS, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules.
- Maintains satisfactory labor-management relations through a variety of techniques such as regular union-management meetings.
- Participates in collective bargaining negotiations and ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements at both locations.
- Investigates problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental managers/supervisors and individuals.
- Oversees the development and implementation of employee relations activities, surveys and engagement/retention efforts.
- Prepares and presents required and special reports related to employee and labor relations.
- Evaluates, or reviews performance evaluations of, all department employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Knowledge of HR related federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of labor relations practices and legal requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’ s HRIS system.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.