Job Number: 23641686
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Project Estimator to work in the Oak Brook, IL or Merrillville, IN area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking a Project Estimator working for a leading engineering and consulting firm with experience in metals, oil/gas, chemical or heavy construction. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
Project Estimator - Position and Responsibilities
As a Project Estimator, you will provide planning and cost basis support on Total Installed Cost (TIC) project estimates. The Estimator will work independently on estimates as part of a project team with support from the Estimating Department and report to the Project Controls Discipline Manager. Services include preparing cost estimates, risk & contingency analysis, and database development & input. The Project Estimator has experience creating AACE Class 1-5 Estimates for projects and has some experience in the Refining, Chemical, Food, Pharma, and Facilities industries.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use Advanced Project Procedures as a tool for project implementation and complies with work process requirements.
- Align the scope, schedule and budget to assemble Total Installed Cost (TIC) data for assigned projects.
- Plan and provide cost estimating support of a project or business unit throughout project phase and life cycle.
- Proactively develops, plans, calculates, and conveys scope, schedule, and cost data for project estimates.
- Develop AACE Class 1-5 Estimates and prepares accompanying Basis of Estimate with every estimate.
- Analyze unit rates to be sure they are well understood and defendable to peer review.
- Maintain data of current labor, material, and equipment rates, cost escalation trends, and labor availability information.
- Assemble cost data and inputs for dissemination into the project control database and/or the project or leadership before, during, and after the project is complete.
- If required, participate in claim support information development and claims analysis.
- Prepare reports and financial information for the Project Controls Discipline Manager, and/or Project Manager / Senior Project Manager when requested.
- Perform project risk and contingency analysis that may affect project costs and schedules.
- Advise on pricing strategies for EPC, DB and DBB projects.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business preferred.
- Hands-on experience with AspenTech (ACCE, Aspen In-plant, Economic Evaluator) (Formerly KBase/Icarus), Richardsons, R.S. Means Costworks and/or similar estimating software.
- 5+ years of experience in estimating AACE Class 1-5 Estimates TIC of Agribusiness, Chemical, Food and Consumer Products, Government and Institutional, Manufacturing, Metals, Pharma-Bio, Power and/or Refining.
- Estimating experience on engineering, EPC, and construction-only projects.
- Construction field experience and/or assignments preferred.
- Knowledge of cost estimating, budgeting, change orders, and forecasting.
- Experience with Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project Software, and Primavera P6.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.