Environmental Project Manager
Irvine, CA 92612 US
- Prepare and manage Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Initial Site Assessments (Caltrans), Hazardous Materials Assessments (CEQA/NEPA), Preliminary Endangerment Assessments (PEAs), Removal Action Workplans (RAWs), and Remedial Action Plans (RAPs), Risk Assessments, and other environmental projects.
- Prepare estimates, proposals, and schedules for environmental projects.
- Meet and interact with clients and regulatory agencies (written/verbal).
- Manage subsurface investigation and remediation projects scope, schedule, budget, staff, and subcontractors for existing public and private sector clients, including large construction and remediation projects.
- Provide peer review of deliverables, e.G., reports, proposals, cost estimates, and plans, prior to delivery to clients.
- Implement Leighton's health and safety policies and procedures
- Actively participate in Marketing/Business Development Presentations
- Design field sampling programs, manage multiple subcontractors, as well as interpret geological, hydrogeological, and chemical data from contaminated sites
- The primary point of contact with clients, managing proposal and project teams for small to large-scale projects
- Acts as a liaison and advocate for clients with environmental regulatory agencies
- Participate in the training, coaching, and development of technical staff
- Deliver quality services for clients with a demonstrated ability to attract new clients/business
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Civil Engineering
- Registration/certification (e.G., California Professional Geologist or Civil Engineer), preferred
- 10+ years of environmental subsurface investigation experience with 5+ years of direct responsibility managing projects, supervising and mentoring staff, preparing, and review of technical proposals, regulatory agency interactions and negotiations, and providing QA/QC of deliverables
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal, State, and local environmental assessment and remediation regulations and requirements
- Valid driver's license and must pass a background check along with a pre-employment drug test
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.