Engineering Project Manager
Chandler, AZ 85286 US
Seeking a project manager to provide support for a portfolio of projects from initial concept through construction startup. Will be working with every discipline to problem solve complex design challenges.
- Identify, understand, and manage the scope of work, schedule, and budget of various design packages.
- Establish project scope of work in coordination with discipline Leads, Department Managers and client stakeholders that can include: planning of work, design concepts/design direction, determining discipline type and amount of tasks to be performed, and communicating with the Department Manager over staff capabilities to fit specific project needs.
- Coordinates meetings and establishes all design document flow and document control with client, contractors, regulatory agencies, and others involved.
- Prepares project budget and work schedule to serve as a means of tracking progress. Adjusts to meet budget and schedule objectives.
- Prepares the project execution plan, establishes control procedures, monitors progress, and takes corrective action as may be required.
- Follows established change management procedures to document and receive authorization for project change orders in a timely manner.
- Participates in client contact and business development activities.
- May assist in the training or mentoring of other Project Managers to familiarize them with SSOE or the client specific requirements.
- University degree in an engineering/technical field, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills. Previous project management experience in a design/build environment is a plus.
- Project Management certification (PMP) is highly desired.
- Proficiency with MS Project or other scheduling software required.
- Ability to resolve issues that involve gaining agreement of cross-functional groups and working through issues by gaining consensus and facilitating a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of industrial, advanced technology, or high-tech manufacturing facitlity design, construction, and operation is highly preferred.
- Experience performing field verifications and site walks to identify, verify, resolve, and incorporate solutions into design packages. Ability to troubleshoot design problems in the field.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.