Job Number: 23512852
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is currently seeking Protection and Control Engineers in the Roanoke, VA area for a top utility and energy company. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
- This position is posted as a range. Education and relevant experience will be considered in determining salary and salary grade.
- Hybrid Position: required in office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Review relay protection and control activities for 4kV thru 765KV electrical substation projects.
- Review Protection and Control (P&C) scopes for electric substation projects.
- Prepare and/or review P&C engineering and designs for electrical substation projects.
- Participate in project scheduling, resource planning, and cost control for assigned projects.
- Provide engineering support for project installation, commissioning, checkout and troubleshooting.
- Review and approve P&C related work of other team members.
- Model transmission system impedances and perform short circuit fault studies.
- Perform area protection studies and recommend settings for existing and new transmission line and station protection schemes.
- Review, evaluate and provide P&C comments and recommendations on transmission system planning proposals as an active participant of a project team.
- Coordinate with transmission customers and interconnected companies on associated protection issues.
- Perform activities related to NERC P&C standards.
- Identify, clarify, resolve, and initiate solutions to protection and control problems through analysis of interruption reports and fault recorder records.
- Contribute to development of system-wide protection standards for transmission and distribution station protection, metering and control applications.
- Provide general P&C technical support, as needed, including the technical interfaces with Telecomm, Operations, Transmission Region Operations, Station Engineering, Transmission Planning and Project Management.
- Execute all activities in a manner that supports and is conducive to achieving the goal of Zero Harm.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Engineer Associate: entry level position for new graduates
- Engineer: 2 or more years experience in substation relay protection, metering, control and SCADA application, design and engineering for HV and EHV electrical substation projects.
- Senior Engineer:6 or more years in substation relay protection, metering, control and SCADA application, design and engineering for HV and EHV electrical substation projects.
- Passing the Fundamentals of Engineering examination in preparation for future licensing as a Professional Engineer (PE) is encouraged and preferred.
- Valid driver’ s license
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS):
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.