Job Number: 23169114
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking Transmission Operators to work for a top utility and energy company located in the New Albany, OH area. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, and more.
48hrs: 4 Nights (6p-6a) off three days
- Rotating shift schedule. Shift work hours will be 12 hours: 6 am to 6 pm OR 6 pm to 6 am
- Rotating schedule:
36hrs: 3 Days (6a-6p) off one day
36hrs: 3 Nights (6p- 6a) off three days
48hrs: 4 Days (6a-6p) off seven days
32hrs: 4 8hr days
Job Summary: Assist, with instruction, in the efficient operation of the transmission system.
- Travel: 5% to travel to sites for training purposes
- Assist in monitoring and regulating system voltage levels, real and reactive power flows for the transmission system at all transmission voltage levels in cooperation with directives of the Reliability Coordinator.
- Assist in the real-time operation of the Company’ s transmission system in coordination with the Reliability Coordinator and appropriate neighboring utilities.
- Assist in the real-time operation of distribution equipment inside the station fence in coordination with regional distribution dispatch centers.
- Prepare basic switching orders listing the switching steps and safety tagging to be carried out for the removing of equipment from service for maintenance, repair, or construction, ensuring the safety of the public, Company equipment, Company personnel and contract personnel.
- Assist in directing switching operations under emergency conditions. Plan and direct actions to quickly, safely and effectively restore equipment and customers to service.
- Maintain a log of events and transactions relative to the operation of the facilities and equipment.
- Observe and assist in operating the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System and associated functions.
- Monitor the operation of metering and communications facilities and report malfunctions to proper personnel for corrective action.
- Monitor the weather information system for severe weather and notify proper personnel.
- Acknowledging and inputting records of station entry/exit activity.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS):
- Two-year technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field.
- One year experience in substation operation, protective relaying, or distribution dispatching; no experience necessary at the Associate Level.
- Pass a System Operator/Power Dispatching (SO/PD II) test to qualify.
- Valid state driver' s license.
- Must maintain NERC certification at the Transmission Operator (TOP) or Reliability Coordinator (RC) level and a PJM Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) certification and credentials associated with Company memberships.
- Work on a twelve-hour uninterrupted rotating shift schedule that consists of nights, weekends and holidays. Must have the ability to report timely to worksite due to emergency events.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.