Oak Brook, IL 60523 US
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking an Electrical Engineer (Substation) to work in the Oak Brook, IL or Merrillville, IN area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Seeking an Electrical Engineer (Substation) working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. The position is hybrid (2 days from home) and includes a very competitive compensation.
Electrical Engineer – Substation - Position and Responsibilities
As an Electrical Engineer-Substation, you will work as a member of the electrical team on single-discipline and multi-discipline electrical transmission and distribution projects. The Electrical Engineer-Substation may also serve as the electrical discipline lead on small single-discipline projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information, perform detailed engineering calculations, and write formal engineering/technical reports.
- Assist in fieldwork, check installations and problem-solving activities.
- May serve as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interact with colleagues in other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Develop technical specifications and data sheets, perform technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design that meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Perform calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Responsible for transmission line engineering including detailed design for high voltage transmission project through 500kv including:
- Line routing
- Structure selection and design
- Plan and profile drawings
- Engineering calculations for voltage drop, short circuit, power factor, sag and tension
- Hardware and conduction selection
- Equipment and construction specifications and bills of materials
- Industry codes and standards including the National Electrical Code (NEC) and National Electric Safety Code (NESC), NEMA, ANSI and IEEE standards
- Leadership in performing engineering design services using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Software
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in an Electrical Engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of experience performing basic engineering analysis and design functions.
- Experience with power distribution systems, motor control systems, variable frequency drives, short circuit calculations, and relay coordination.
- High voltage substation design experience greater than 34.5kv as well as protection and relaying design.
- Experience with electrical design using Autodesk AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Experience with SKM and/or ETAP electrical modeling software is preferred.
- EIT certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.