Job Number: 23914499
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work in the Buffalo, NY area working for a leading engineering and consulting firm. This is a hybrid position that offers a variety of great benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Electrical Engineer - Position and Responsibilities
As an Electrical Engineer, you will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations within industrial power systems. The Electrical Engineer performs engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Electrical Engineer demonstrates technical and professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars and/or courses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Collect and prepare data/information, perform detailed engineering calculations, and write formal engineering and technical reports.
- Develop technical specifications and data sheets, perform technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and problem-solving activities.
- Perform calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serve as discipline lead on single and multi-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license (highly preferred).
- 10+ years of electrical systems design experience in a consulting organization.
- Knowledge of single line and schematic diagrams, P&IDs and NEC standards.
- Experience in power distribution, substation and distribution hardware specification, power system modeling, control systems, and hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries.
- Knowledge of short circuit analysis, ARC flash studies, voltage drop and cable/conduit/cable tray sizing.
- Experience with SKM electrical modeling software is preferred.
- Experience with lighting design, grounding and lightning protection.
- Experience with heat trace design.
- Understanding of utility interface design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.