Job Number: 23701725
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Controls Engineering Manager to work in the Ferndale, MI area.
- Oversee, and Maintain Corporate standards related to Machine Controls (PLCS)
- Recommend policies, and best practices efforts.
- Ensure PLC programs follow state and federal laws, and regulations.
- Oversee and lead plant controls team.
- Lead and mentor the general performance and the continual development of the Controls Engineers.
- Develop plans to improve the skills of each person in the department and monitor overall effectiveness.
- Lead controls engineering group on the different shifts.
- Lead controls engineering to ensure that ALL machine control panels stay clean and up to date.
- Own and maintain all software and licenses related to Controls.
- Lead process audit to validate compliance to the standards.
- Ensure Maintenance team is supported and guided to root cause downtime.
- Own, maintain and approve all PLC, HMI, Robot, and Vision programs for new and existing equipment.
- Own, maintain and approve all schematics for new and existing equipment.
- Own, maintain and approve all machine network layouts for new and existing equipment.
- Understand Machine Controls concepts and work to improve corporate standards with Advanced Manufacturing Controls team.
- Oversee standards related to Torque process and programming.
- Oversee standards related to Vision process and programming.
- Oversee standards related to Robotic process and programming.
- Ensure equipment and networks are maintained to allow PLC backups through the Asset Centre.
- Support and approve programming changes performed by the controls team.
- Support departmental budget planning related to machine controls and training.
- Support new business quotes, as required.
- Enhance the Launch Readiness process through lessons learned.
- Document all activities as required.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Limits of Authority
- Immediately advise direct supervisor of situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities and employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, or system.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels and verify implementation.
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming products until the deficiency is corrected.
- Recommend hardware, software, tools, or other items to be used to improve support or operation of company.
- Approve Business Operating System documentation, as required and related to PLC control documentation.
- Quote / negotiate pricing and timing from vendors for equipment and tooling.
Basic Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor' s degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of hands-on programming and controls experience in a related field.
- Prior experience in Alan Bradley Logic (Rockwell), AB HMI Logic, RS Logic, Visual Basic, Device Net, SQL, Crystal Reports)
- Possess leadership abilities, organizational and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the development and management of process control solutions, from collecting data through the design, configuration, and integration processes.
- Must be competent in programming and the development / implementation of engineering guidelines and standards.
- Experience with Vision Camera systems (Cognex)
- Experience with Robotic (Fanuc) systems
- Experience with DC guns (Atlas Copco)
- Good mechanical / technical skills, proficient aptitude with Computer programs
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS):
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker. Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.