Continuous Improvement Engineer
Norwalk, OH 44857 US
ITS has a client in the Norwalk, OH area seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
• To focus on continuous improvement in the plant.
• Work closely with Team members and Team Leaders in making sure job responsibilities are maintained and continuously improving.
• Work with upper management to identify key projects that will provide the most benefit to our Customer.
• Report progress of ongoing projects to the Department Manager and Production Managers and ensure that progress toward the goals are being achieved.
• Drive and support innovation and cost reduction programs already present.
• Continuously improve processes, labor efficiencies, and quality utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Participate in Six Sigma and Toyota Productive System (TPC) training.
• Leads and schedules Kaizen Events for the Department.
• Associates Degree in a technical field of study required as a minimum. Engineering or technical degree preferred. Ten years work related experience with a strong Process/Product knowledge in conjunction with strong communication and team leadership skills may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be respected by peers.
• Ability to think " out of the box” with a high energy level.
• Must be results oriented with ability to drive change.
• Strong computer skills.
• Demonstrated group problem solving skills and facilitation skills.