Job Number: 23149859
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer to work in the New Albany, OH area for a top utility and energy company. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
- Provide civil/structural engineering support for substation capital projects.
- Work with project planners/sponsors, project leads and various stakeholders to develop the most effective design approach and solutions considering safety, cost, schedule, constructability, and operation and maintenance requirements.
- Assist project leads in the development of functional and detailed scoping documents and cost estimates.
- Assist project managers with the development and maintenance of station engineering activities and deliverables within Primavera P6 project schedules.
- Work closely with consulting engineering firms contracted to perform station engineering and design functions on select projects.
- Provide support to construction and professional field service personnel to resolve issues and concerns during the construction phase of projects.
- Provide project close-out data on projects as requested and conduct construction site meetings to determine lessons learned regarding technical issues and quality.
- Collaborate with various departments during the course of the project.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work. These might include:
- Calculations for sizing and design of oil containment systems
- Runoff/drainage calculations for design of stormwater conveyance/retention systems
- Calculations for analysis and design of substation structures, foundations and rigid-bus
- Sag-tension calculations for strain bus design
- Bachelor' s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- 2 or more years of related engineering experience.
- Competence in the use of CAD software.
- Experience in the use of Civil design software preferred (Bentley InRoads or AutoCAD Civil 3D).
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis software preferred (STAAD.Pro).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS):
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.