Job Number: 23900238
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Sr. Civil Engineer to work in the Austin, TX area. This is a direct placement position that offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of Civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one' s drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in " responsible charge " as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Represents the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer' s quality, and field construction.
- May serve as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and/or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Defines project scope of work and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Maintains continuing professional education in discipline.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver' s license required.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- PE with eight (8) or more years of related practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas and defend design decisions both internally and externally.
- Strong Business Development acumen and understanding of the local market.
- Advanced familiarity with Autodesk Civil 3D and experience with Autodesk Sanitary Sewer Analysis preferred.
- Experience in site-civil land development aspects including Layout, Grading/Drainage, Utility Design, and Erosion Sediment Control in Commercial, Manufacturing and/or institutional markets.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.