C9634 Accounting Assistant
Columbus, OH 43201-2696
- Performs non-repetitive clerical accounting duties which require familiarity with accounting office practices and procedures and knowledge of a wide variety of prescribed accounting codes and classifications.
- Locate sources of errors revealed through trial balance or deviation from an established control figure; trace transactions through previous accounting actions to determine source of discrepancies; reconcile invoices.
- Process billings or disbursements for clients or vendors and resolve disputes; prepare explanatory documentation.
- Analyze and verify internal consistency and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents.
- Contact other staff and outside parties regularly to exchange information or respond to business transactions.
- Assemble information for others; prepare reports and information for reports; allocate charges and credits to appropriate accounts.
- Input entries in financial journals, ledgers or other financial systems; balance accounts. Answer routine and non-routine questions and correspondence with supervisors agreement.
- Interact with and assist others to resolve inquiries and complaints which may require research. Maintain knowledge of professional and industry practices and governmental regulations.
- Obtain appropriate approvals and signatures on documents. Maintain accurate, complete and current files; sort, file, locate and retrieve materials in files. May utilize some of the various technical capabilities of computer equipment.
- May compose short letters or memos from general instructions. May provide training to other staff. May operate reader-printers to produce copies. May create and edit documents using electronic equipment.
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic calculations and use mathematical formulae for specific calculations.
- Keyboard skills.
- Oral and written communication skills normally acquired through completion of high school curriculum.
- Knowledge of standard accounting procedures acquired through past experience.
- Two years of related experience required.
- Microsoft Office products experience desirable.