ITS has a client in the Highland Park, Mi area seeking an Automation Engineer. This is a direct hire role with full benefits including 401k.
• Design, maintain, and continuously improve all Assembly robotic equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
• Manage all phases of secondary equipment to ensure successful new program launches.
• Continuously improve secondary equipment and assembly processes through increasing machine uptime and capability while decreasing machine cycle time.
• Implement error proofing systems throughout the department.
• Review and implement new technologies.
• Assist with investigating equipment and part quality issues and implement effective action plans.
• Provide training and guidance on robotic equipment to all department personnel.
• Provide training for all Assembly Team members operation of Assembly machines and technology.
• Ensure all robot programs are backed up and up to date.
• Respond to downtime.
• Design, install, and maintain assembly end of line testing systems.
• Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve or products, processes, and equipment.
• Implement error-proofing (poka-yoke) systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors.
• Assist in launching new programs by assisting with secondary equipment builds.
• Review secondary equipment with regards to machine operation.
• Assist in creating effective PM' s for new equipment.
• Implement continuous improvement projects to improve machine capabilities.
• Support LEAN manufacturing including lean thinker and winning teams' programs.
• Internal machine builds.
• Manage special projects.
• Some travel will be required periodically to support off site assembly and sequencing operations.
• Support and improve departmental KOI' s that include:
o Correcting handling damage (HD) causes.
o Reducing costs by eliminating waste.
o Improving PM completion percentage.
o Reducing robotic downtime.
o Secondary equipment readiness.
• Support maintenance and engineering activities, including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all equipment, consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
• Assist process engineers.
• Assist other departments.
• Available to work weekends as required.
• A bachelor' s degree in an Engineering Science or Technology area or 5 years related work experience in a technical field.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD, Solid works).
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and participate as a team player.