Job Number: 23033965
ITS has a client in the Hillsdale, MI area seeking an Assistant Controller. This is a direct hire position, with full benefits and 401k.
The Assistant Plant Controller is responsible for accuracy and integrity of all financial information concerning plant activity. This is accomplished through active management of financial policy and internal controls for the assigned plant.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Completion of a recognized Account Designation preferred (CPA, CA)
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in a decentralized manufacturing environment with Manufacturing Ops Accounting/Finance; automotive experience is preferred
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills
- An independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in working in an AS400 environment (CMS or Solarsoft experience is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access
- Working knowledge of Bill 198 internal control preferred (SOX knowledge required)
- Oversees the financial functions at the plant, including cash and back, accounts receivable, inventory, capital assets, accounts payable, inter-company transactions and other related accruals and receivables.
- Oversees the review of the monthly reconciliation binder prepared by subordinates that provides support for all balance sheet accounts.
- Assists Controller with compliance of the Corporate reporting requirements on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis ensuring compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists the Controller with creating an accurate weekly forecast that is submitted to Corporate each week.
- Review standard and non-standard journal entries each month.
- Implement and maintain internal controls at the plant to ensure compliance with the Bill 198 requirements.
- Proactively provide continuous improvement ideas relating to both financial and production processes.
- Assist the Controller in preparing the annual budget for the plant.
- Work closely with Controller in working with departmental heads to identify any inefficiencies in processes and potential cost saving initiatives including freight costs savings, outsourced production parts savings, improvements in inventory management, reduced scrap and develop and lead projects to ensure timely realization of the identified costs savings.
- Review accounts receivable aging each month and proactively follow-up on collections issues with subordinates.
- Assist the Controller with the local annual external audit by completing the Corporate audit kit with all the required supporting reconciliations and documentation, ensuring that no audit adjustments are identified during the audit.
- Provide all the necessary information to the internal audit department during their audit and immediately address any concerns that are identified.
- Assist with the review of customer quotations prior to submitting to Corporate for review and approval.
- Thoroughly understand all capital spending projects prior to submitting to Corporate for review and approval, including payback calculations. Collect and review all information required for capital requests, ensuring all local approval has been received.
- Assist with the physical inventory counts and inventory valuation.
- Complete performance appraisals for subordinates ensuring continuous development of staff.
Meet Your Recruiter
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.