Job Number: 23124068
A leading manufacturer we represent is currently seeking an experienced Die Maker for a direct hire opportunity. This position offers a generous starting wage, a strong benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K), paid time off, and room for advancement.
Scope of job: Lays out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes detail components and parts to make, maintain and trouble shoot single-hit, progressive, transfer, and spinning dies--analyzing specifications and applying knowledge of die design and construction.
- Studies blueprints of product and die, prototype of products, and die models
- Visualizes structure and function of die and plans operations, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, machining, and assembly method, properties of sheet metal under pressure, and metal-forming presses
- Measures, marks, and scribes tools and stock for machining
- Sets up and operates machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, and grinder to machine parts to specifications; verifies correctness of machined parts to specifications
- Lifts machined parts manually or using hoist and positions them on worktable for assembly
- Shapes, smoothes, and fits flat and contoured surfaces of die members and parts, using hand tools such as stones, files, and powered grinders
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die, using dial indicators, gage blocks, thickness gages, and micrometers
- Dowels and bolts parts together, using hand tools such as hammers and wrenches
- May operate power press, perform final adjustments and refinement operations on die in press, and inspect piece part product, to complete tryout of die for Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR)
- Exercises judgment to manufacture components and dies in timely, efficient manner--using available, real manufacturing capabilities
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.