Jonesville, MI 49250
ITS has a client in the Hillsdale area seeking a Weld Inspector. This is a direct hire position with full benefits, including 401k.
Job Summary: Perform destructive and non-destructive testing, gage checks, and measurements, and collect and record data to validate that welds conform to plant and customer specifications.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years of related experience/training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent common sense, organization, problem solving, and teamwork skills
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Zeiss microscope software knowledge
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Follow all weld validation procedures in conformance with company testing procedures
- Perform destructive and non-destructive weld testing to determine conformance with Martinrea and customer requirements
- Perform acid etching procedures
- Compare test result data with specific part/operation weld requirements to determine conformance with standard
- Perform gage checks and SPC checks, as required by part specific test requirements
- Record and report all test data in prescribed manner
- Immediately report nonconforming test results to responsible production supervisor, operators, and quality auditor. Copy quality engineer with assigned customer responsibility on all nonconforming test data.