Trans Line Siting Spec Sr
Tulsa, OK 74119
- Coordinate, scope and estimate the siting, environmental studies and permitting execution for multi-million dollar electric transmission line and substation projects, that may cover hundreds of miles, through multiple states.
- Ensure that transmission siting, environmental, and permitting activities are done according to company policies and government agencies.
- Determine risks associated with project.
- Make presentations to civic groups, property owners, regulatory agencies, employees, and prepare testimony and testify before agencies concerning transmission routing and substation siting.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed legislation and regulations on transmission projects and provide input to the development process.
- Some overnight travel to facilities and projects (field work) is required periodically. Position requires some travel and exposure to situations which require knowledge, understanding, and adherence to applicable safety procedures, and ability to hike one to three miles. Overnight stays could be 2-3 nights a month. Traveling to consist of site visits, training and meetings. Hours are M-F, eight hour days, with some longer to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering, Planning, or Environmental Science
- PE is desired but not required.
- Either 6-11 years total industry experience or 3+ years of experience working as a Transmission Siting & Environmental Specialist.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office computer applications is desired
- 20 to 30 % of travel time associated with this position.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.