Temperance, MI 48182
POSITION SUMMARY: The Tooling Designer is responsible for work on various tier 1 supplier projects as well as OEM projects to design and detail tooling. These designs may come from customer concepts or manufacturing drawings and will need to be interpreted in to a CAD (3-D) software (VISI). The designer will take this data and information from the concept stage to completion where it can then be given to the manufacturing department to develop the actual components from the CAD models they have created. All duties must be performed in accordance with all company policies and procedures DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience with automotive part fixturing and welding related manufacturing processes
- Design experience with Robotic tooling, modular tooling or end of arm tooling
- Communicates effectively with all team members, leads, builders and the Project Manager
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- A high standard of quality and attention to detail
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed
- 10+ years' experience of design experience
- Experience working with VISI software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 20 pounds. Must be able to talk, walk, stand, and sit an office environment.