Tool & Die Technician
Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
- Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Press and Assembly Operations and Quality procedures
- Assist in determining spare parts requirements
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Recommend modifications to existing equipment
- Perform troubleshoot tooling (in or out of the presses)
- Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearance of finished parts.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies based on specifications.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of die parts on tooling using abrasive stones, filers, emery clothes or power grinders. Spot dies into proper run conditions.
- Be able to identify tool stacks and how to heat treat
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education preferred, or related experience
- Journeyman Certification is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Minimum of 3 year on-the-job training with heavy industrial manufacturing experience in skilled trade capacity preferred
- Operate standard office equipment preferred
- General knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of tooling
- Basic knowledge in automation
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.