Survey Crew Chief
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
- Set-up and operate equipment and instruments used at job sites to measure, record and calculate data for all types of survey projects including: construction staking, DOT, topographic, right-of-way/boundary, etc.
- Provide communications with the survey coordinator and leadership, manage field data, maintain field notes and files, and review final drawings where appropriate.
- Follow required safety standards and guidelines
- Document written field notes and daily records
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys
- Record the survey results and verify the accuracy of data with proper recorded field checks
- Lead survey crew by providing direction and leadership by demonstrating an attitude for safety, cost control, efficiency and professionalism
- Associates’ degree or certification is preferred but not required
- 5+ years of surveying experience for transportation, roadway and/or land/site development projects
- Prior experience with ODOT projects is preferred
- Willing and able to travel. Mostly local or within the NE Ohio region, however could occasionally be overnight travel.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.