Sr Electrical Engineer
Hoover, AL 35244
- Lead electrical design projects, including establishing budget and schedule, performing project estimates for the electrical discipline, and specifying electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgear, MV and LV motor control centers, variable frequency drives and motors.
- Lead design team of engineers and designers to produce detailed design and construction packages consisting of single line diagrams, motor elementaries, interconnection diagrams, power plans, cable schedules and lighting & grounding plans.
- Prepare detailed scopes of work and interface with clients and other engineering disciplines.
- Analyze power distribution systems and provide solutions to feed project electrical loads
- Customer development and building client relationships
- Specify and evaluate bids for electrical equipment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE preferred
- 15+ years of experience in a heavy industrial electrical engineering consulting engineering role
- Demonstrated experience working in a design leader/senior engineer role
- A proven track record of successful projects and ability to mentor junior engineers and designers
- Able to work well in fast-track projects
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to travel as required, typically up to 25%