Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Warren, MI 48093
Supervise the shipping and receiving functions. Ensure proper receipt of direct and MRO material and the delivery of all material to its proper location. Execute the shipping of finished goods (materials or products) according to the customer's requirements.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Supervise Cycle counters and daily inventory activities.
- Effectively interview, hire, and train employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewarding and disciplining employees as appropriate; addresses complaints and resolves problems as applicable.
- Manage month end and year end inventories.
- Manage material flow and storage capacity.
- Manage fork truck fleet and institute fork truck safety and monitor adherence.
- Manage all projects and complete assignments as directed by Materials Manager.
- Ensures that all actions are oriented to customer care and satisfaction.
- Supports the comprehensive continual improvement philosophy.
- Support quality and product action procedures.
- Adheres to and follows the facility Quality Management System and the facility Environmental Management system requirements in business actions.
- Adheres to and follows the Quality Management System and the facility Environmental Management system requirements in documentation.
- Studies shipping and receiving notices, request for movement of raw materials, finished products and floor storage capacity.
- Performs job functions in accordance with all safety, legal and Company policies and direction.
- Adheres to and follows the Company's Personal and Professional Development Program.
- Confers with supervisors and other departments to coordinate material flow and reduce cost.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy, inventory turns and reducing carrying cost.
- Responsible for reducing department overhead cost where feasible.
- Supervise month end, yearend inventory and Material Handling personnel.
- Supervise cycle counts and related inventory controls.
- Manage warehouse functions.
- Manage Shipping and Receiving functions.
Five to ten years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Five years of experience in a Union Environment.